We are a 'Safer School'!
West Mercia Police and Shropshire Council support our school with the Safer School initiative. We are an accredited 'Safer School' and we are looking forward to receiving our certificate and sign! The accreditation is reviewed every two years.
The essential elements of the 'Safer School' process include:-
• Implementing a security policy that the governors have adopted.
• Consulting parents/carers and pupils for their views and updating them on any progress.
• Publicity of Safer Schools to school staff, pupils, school neighbours, parents and prospective Parents.
• Establishing a Safer School Group. This Safer School Group is a partnership of school stakeholders - Headteacher/Deputy, staff, governors, parents, pupils, neighbours, Shropshire Council and West Mercia Police.
• Regularly reviewing and implementing good practice and essential security/safety measures for staff, pupils, the site and assets.
• Educating pupils through the Personal, Social, Health and Economic curriculum programme or the Safer School folder.
• A daily procedure for recording incidents should they occur i.e. trespass, burglary, theft, anti-social behaviour, vandalism, arson, suspicious activity etc., both during school hours and out-of hours.
• Solving real problems rather than perceived problems. Prioritising work (if any) and reviewing action.
• If there are security issues i.e. vandalism, anti-social behaviour etc., the intention of the initiative is to reduce/eliminate the issues.