- Our SEN co-ordinator is Helen Thorpe.
Tel: 01743 236397
- For the full SEND Information Report, please click here.
- For details of the SEND intervention groups and programmes being run within school, please click here.
- To view the school Accessibility Plan, please click here.
- For further support or information on special education needs or disabilities, please view the SEND local offer.
- If your child has a medical diagnosis or condition, please fill out an individual healthcare plan and return it to Mrs Thorpe.
At Greenfields, our guiding principle is one of inclusion. We want to identify and break down possible barriers to learning.
Objectives in making provision for pupils with SEND
â— We value all the pupils in our school equally.
â— To ensure that all pupils have equal access to a broad, balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs and abilities.
â— The aims of education for all children are the same, regardless of their difficulties or disabilities.
â— It is the responsibility of all teachers to identify and meet the SEN of pupils. In this they can draw on the resources of the whole school.
â— Every child is entitled to have his or her particular needs recognised and addressed.
â— To offer high quality support to ensure that all needs are met.
â— To maximise the opportunities for students with special educational needs to join in with all the activities of the school.
â— All pupils are entitled to experience success.
â— Consideration of SEN crosses all curriculum areas and all aspects of teaching and learning.
â— Any pupils may encounter difficulties in school at some stage.
â— All special educational provision is more effective if pupils and parents are fully involved.
â— To seek the views of the child and take them into account.
â— To acknowledge and draw on parent/carer knowledge and expertise in relation to their child.